by Staff Writers
Moscow (Sputnik) Jan 22, 2016
Russia's space agency Roscosmos has approved the postponement of the launch of a Proton-M carrier rocket with the European Eutelsat 9B communications satellite until January 30 due to weather-related logistical issues, the United Rocket and Space Corporation (URSC) said Thursday.
The launch, previously scheduled for January will be carried January 30 at 01.20 Moscow time from the Baikonur space center in Kazakhstan (22:20 GMT on January 29), URSC said in a statement.
According to the company, the preparation for the launch is continuing without any technical issues.
The Proton-M, produced by Russia's Khrunichev State Research and Production Space Center, is the largest carrier rocket in the country's space launch vehicle fleet. The rocket has lifted dozens of Russian-made and foreign satellites since it was first launched in 2001.
In October, a subsidiary of Khrunichev Center signed a contract with Eutelsat to put the French-based company's satellites into orbit during the period of 2016-2023.
According to the Khrunichev Center, the Russian Proton carrier rockets launched 11 Eutelsat satellites over the past 15 years.
Source: Sputnik News
Launch Pad at Space-Travel.com
|The content herein, unless otherwise known to be public domain, are Copyright 1995-2017 - Space Media Network. All websites are published in Australia and are solely subject to Australian law and governed by Fair Use principals for news reporting and research purposes. AFP, UPI and IANS news wire stories are copyright Agence France-Presse, United Press International and Indo-Asia News Service. ESA news reports are copyright European Space Agency. All NASA sourced material is public domain. Additional copyrights may apply in whole or part to other bona fide parties. Advertising does not imply endorsement, agreement or approval of any opinions, statements or information provided by Space Media Network on any Web page published or hosted by Space Media Network. Privacy Statement|